Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 21, 2009

This morning Maddai’s parents had trouble with their car so Miley, Danielle and I walked to church. I’m getting some good workouts here!

When we got there we went to Sunday School. I haven’t been to Sunday School since I was in high school, well and in Latin America. We learned how to show the evangecube. It was about the 5th time I’ve been in a place where we have learned how to show it but always educational.

Then we went to Maddai’s grandparent’s house and had Sunday lunch with them while Maddai and her family went to buy bus tickets for our vacation later in the week. We just read a lot and slept and went to Maddai’s to prep for the service. I forgot how much I absolutely love prepping and planning services. It’s so fun! So I wrote and planned the service and the verses. Maddai’s dad, Samuel, did worship along with one of his buddies. You could tell they were having so much fun jamming together.

At 6 pm we went to the neighborhood and set up for the service and went and reminded the people that there was a service. And it turned out since it was Father’s Day that no one we originally invited could come. Many were having parties and were just not able to make it. We did have a good group of people anyways, we had: Mario (the DS) and his wife Judith, Samuel (Maddai’s dad), Samuel’s friend, Momita, Miley, Maddai, Miguel, Danielle and Lupitha (a woman from the community that just happened to be able to come). It ended up being a really beautiful service. I haven’t been a little frustrated lately with some things here and it reminded me of the beautiful wonderful hearts and people that I’m with and how beautifully amazing God’s love is. It was an intimate service and Lupitha became a new sister in Christ tonight. Mmmmm, I love it!

After, we went home and went to slept, much needed for the days ahead!

1 comment:

  1. really, i just love you. just got caught up on the blog- missing you here, but so glad you are doing God's work there!

    ReplyDelete