Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 17, 2009

Was sick and creating self-entertainment most of the day. I watched the fashion channel in English, very enlightening- HA! Funny that that’s the channel in English here.
The team came back at 5 and we went to Maddai’s grandma’s house and ate cake. I swear cake is nothing special to this culture. I’ve had it twice, maybe more, since I’ve been here, less than one week.
Then we went to the neighborhood and cleaned up the paint and moved it to shelter from the rain, then subway. And then had a beautiful night downtown at the park and went to Miley’s favorite, The Italian Coffee Company.
Heres our group: From top left- Samuel, Miguel; Bottom left: Maddai, Miley, me, and Danielle:
When we went home Danielle and I read the best of CL (craigslist, its one of our new favorite nightly activities) and all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment