Friday, June 12, 2009

I made it!

I finally got to Xalapa after 23 hours of travel- from my house to finally the District Superintendents house in Xalapa. Which is where we're staying for the next 2 weeks.

I first arrived to Mexico City, Mexico and Blanca Sierra picked me up from the airport (her and her husband are missionaries in Mexico City and are both from Puerto Rico, Ramon-her husband- was raised in NYC). They both spoke English fluently, but often forgot what language they were speaking to me in. They are so nice! 
Ramon was teaching an intensive masters program during the day and I took a 2-3 hour nap (after a sleepless trip) at their house. Then after he was done teaching we all ate lunch together and hopped on a bus to Xalapa, in which the movie Spiderwick played and I definitely wished it was in English/knew more Spanish to understand, because I've always wanted to see that movie. 
Maddai, her mom and her brother Miguel picked the 3 of us up at the airport. Lets just say it was a tight car ride and a good welcome into Mexico. I started to get really excited to be in Mexico and to go during my travels.
I still have a lot of mixed emotions but I know that God has a lot left to teach me, yet I feel like the short 24 hours I've been here I've learned so much. 
It was really great to meet Danielle, the other American here. She is from Michigan and goes to Olivet Nazarene University and so so sweet and fun. I think we will have a great time of learning and giving to God's people. She is about to teach me some of the things we're going to be doing tomorrow. We are going to be working across town with a community and doing vacation Bible school (puppet shows, clowns and singing) and I think other things working with the community. I will find out tomorrow. 
Today we sat in on some Discipleship Lesson lectures that Blanca and Ramon taught which was interesting but still kind of hard to understand. I'm picking up things already though, which is great!
After that and a little bit of rest and a big lunch we went to her cousins birthday party, Tinkerbell themed party. So cute. Most all of Maddai's family was there and it was so great to see them.

For those of you that don't know. Maddai is the leader of this trip, she is the evangelism coordinator in her district in Mexico and we met last summer on our team serving in Guatemala. She is a wonderful friend. 

I need to be up at 6 am and still have some training to do. 

Goodnight and blessings to all!

P.S. Would be great if you could pray for my heart and my stomach, its been hurting.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment