Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 16

I am sick, sick, sick! 

I stayed home from ministry today :-(

At one point during my day of rest and sickness the District Superintendent's wife (Judith) came in and woke me up and asked if herself and her husband could pray for me. It didn't quite register that they would be entering my room and not just praying for me alone. Mario (the DS) had me open to the book of James and read chapter 5:13-15, which says:

"13Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven."

After they anointed my forehead with oil and prayed over my body. It was different! At first thought, OH MY GOODNESS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! Then I thought ya know they really do this here and they are so kind and wonderful people. 

Anyways, not much else happened on my end during the day. I had a great conversation with my dad today, finished a book (Black by Ted Dekker), watched part of a movie, slept, got a really encouraging and clearing of the thoughts email from my missionary friend Scott Armstrong, and was sick all day. I'm not much better now unfortunately. I'm hoping it will change by the morning, though I've obtained a fever recently.

Some things to keep in your thoughts and prayers for the team are:
*Good communication within the team
*Healing of the body and mind and spirit
*Joy and passion in everything we do and with everyone we serve

Love you all! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment