Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Packing and Sewing

I can't believe I leave tomorrow night. I don't feel rushed like I usually do going away on a trip. I know I still have a lot to accomplish and lots of faces to see but I'm confident. Not that I haven't had a few tears fall over the thought of leaving my friends and my brother who is going to China! right before I return but God has provided the way.

Well almost, I'm getting ready to set up my online donation site. I just found out I need to try and raise $1,000. It's more than I thought but covers the plane ticket and some extra costs along the way. I really hope I can raise all the money over the summer. I will post a link here to that website once I get it worked out. Don't feel a pressure to donate, though gifts are much appreciated. I just love that you all can feel a part of this adventure with me.

I am leaving Friday @12:30 AM and get into Mexico City @ 10:15 AM on Friday. A missionary couple who I believe grew up in the U.S.A. are going to be picking me up from the airport and then we will all be going down to Xalapa in the state of Veracruz at 4 or 5 o clock when the Ramon (Mr. of the missionary couple) gets done teaching class. I'm not entirely sure what's going on after that. I believe its a 4 hour drive to Xalapa from Mexico City. Pray for safety. But I'm hoping to get a nap in between all the travel times.

I will let you all know that I got in safely. I think at this point, it would be great to have your thoughts and prayers heading this way as I get prepared to leave all of you for the summer and head down to build relationships and be the hand or foot of God. 

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment