Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 14

Today was our first day in a neighborhood in Xalapa (about 15 minutes away from where we are staying) where we will be working for the next week, I believe. 
At 7:30 am we all headed to the market. Danielle and Mayalou went to meet a woman we've been talking to there and building a relationship with and Maddai and I went to the store and got some things for the next week. 
I learned the new Remi -a puppet and clown show about a traveling missionary- routine a little bit before we actually set up and started. I was kind of proud of myself for being so flexible and learning so quickly. We were told lots of people from  the church were going to come and help but they didn't show up until much later in the afternoon. As Danielle and I set up for Remi and they rest of the group did some evangelism around the neighborhood with the evangecube. Danielle and Danny (one of the kids from the market) did the the puppets. Danielle does a good Remi (the traveling missionary puppet), Mayalou was the presenter and I was Cometa (the clown who can only talk through her radio spacial hat - the program thats on a CD). It wasn't as hard as I thought it was in the past or as I thought it was going to be, because I never wanted to be Comet last summer. It's still kind of hard because I'm not allowed to talk and kids are starting to wonder if I am Cometa outside of the puppet show time. But I guess my very and active and excited expressions/emotions are being put to good use. I can just make lots of faces (funny of course). It's different, but in a way, I'm used to it. I love, love, love, love working with the kids! We played games with kids after Remi and I made ballon animals for them. After we went to Maddai's house and had lunch. Then Miguel, Danielle and I went on an adventure and walked to the store.
When we got back we went back to the neighborhood and some groups went to go evangelize while Danielle and I stayed behind to set up the Jesus film. And got some good time to talk. 
The Jesus Film was good and we went to sleep soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment