Saturday, July 11, 2009

Week of July 6-11

July 11, 2009

 

I haven’t journaled in a week. Lots has happened.

 ---------------------------------------------

Monday was our day of rest. I wasn’t feeling very well, so I stayed back home and did chores for the group (like laundry and the weekly update to Youth in Mission) while Maddai went with each of the groups to visit the neighborhoods we are each working in. I also caught up on emails and whatnot. Pretty busy day, doing a lot at home.

 -----------------------------------

Tuesday, I got kind of sick in the morning and so we took a trip to the hospital. It was quite the experience. They have shopping carts in their hospitals that they use for supplies and drugs, its pretty funny.  Samuel, the doctor that usually gives me medicine and treats me wasn’t unvaliable and this parasite was hurting me pretty bad. God is teaching me a lot during this and challenging me. So many people are surprised I’m still here, but I love doing this stuff. God really blessed me with a heart for these children and Latin America. Even tough I have had some rough days being here, I love it. God has blessed me with something great and when that happens, you gotta grasp it by the horns and love the life you are given.

Anyways, the medicine I had used before wasn’t working so that’s why after talking to Emily Armstrong we decided it best we take a little trip to the hospital to get an idea of how to exactly cure this little bugger. I also got my 3rd shot in Mexico. Yeah, that’s not something everyone can say, haha! The one in the hospital hurt more than the ones before at the house, weird! So, I got 3 more medications on Tuesday and just relaxed for Tuesday and Wednesday.

 ----------------------------------------------

So Thursday I went to the neighrborhood and man I love it there! We did lessons with the kids and with the adults. I got to play and run around with kids. I’m starting to feel like an old woman but Danielle says it’s the parasite effecting my body. But, I LOVE doing this stuff. She says she would have been home already. I think God blessed me to be here and I need to stick it out. He is teaching me so much and I know that He will provide a way for anything and everything that I do. I made the decision to go to Mexico in Him. I know probably sounds a like crazy, but it’s like this passion that’s pumping through my veins and I just remembering that when I’m not feeling so well. His love sets me free. And He is giving me His eyes and hopefully His love in every situation. I think that’s why I am still here and not at home being sick.

On Thursday we also went to the downtown to get stuff for our new ministry we are starting: English lessons!

 -------------------------------------------

Yesterday, Maddai, Sarai and Israel came in and had lunch with us from their community they have been working in. It was good to see them and I got to talk to Emily and Scott Armstrong and talked with the team about my health and are starting to make some decisions. I will let you know.

Anyways, we went to the community afterward and taught our first ENGLISH LESSONS! I love it! It’s really beautiful and I am learning so much. In the kids lessons, we started out with 1, 2, 3’s, ABC’s, numbers, colors, greetings, and some nouns. Danielle and I are having a lot of fun doing it. The kids asks lots of questions.

Later on we went and taught discipleships lessons (which are these really great packets, interactive and fun) to other new believers in the community. While Pattie and I were about to start a lesson, 2 people were really curious what we were all about and became Christians right then. It was incredible. There is a lot of sorrow and tough things going on in this woman’s house, so it was a really beautiful experience.

Right after the lessons we went to the center of the neighborhood and taught English lessons to the youth in the neighborhood. And come to find out there are 2 guys living here who used to live in the LA for 10 years and speak fluent English and helped us teach lessons. I find little treasures in unexpected places all the time here.

-----------------------------------------

Today, we went to the lab to have some samples done to figure out what is going on with me.  Results pending.

Love you all! Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment