Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beautiful summer

Well a little about me: I'm not in mexico. Don't worry, I didn't tell anyone that i was coming home, my parents didn't even know the day until I was flying into Portland (talk about last minute right?).
Mexico was wonderful! I miss it a lot and all of people. I left early because of this darn parasite in my body. I also got a uti, which later thought to be a kidney infection..who knows. Mexican hospitals: little sketchy; shopping carts to carry their drugs around. theirs labs: different, giant bigger than your head carvings of Jesus on their desk strange. anyways, thats another story. 
My idea is to lay low for a little while in the states to get better. I'm working on it. God has just given me this strange peace about everything and I'm happy with it. Like whatever happens is in God's plan for me. 
So i came home, because I got so sick and it was like stick out or come home. They told me that it was going to get worse before it got better and I didn't know if i could handle that. I was kind of at the end of my rope and my body was wearing really thin. So I don't feel like I gave up, I feel like I gave into what needed to happen for my body, ya know? 
So thats where I'm at. I'm home, my body feels like shit but I'm happy and I have a great peace about the things to come and the things going on in my life. I'm excited for new adventures and everything and anything to come. 
I have learned so much in the past 2 months about myself, about how God is working in the world, in other people, about what He is teaching me. I definitely received a lot of patience and peace about the things that were going on. To try and go with the flow sometimes when I would before be frustrated. He taught me about love and that it never runs out even in you. He instilled in me a love for the children there that I didn't think could get any bigger or wider or stronger. Even when I was so sick, I was loving on them and teaching them about God. I miss it. It was a beautiful summer. Christ has been present in every moment of it. 
I got to know beautiful people, who  have beautiful hearts and souls, that I am so thankful and blessed to have gotten to know. 
He is still teaching me so much and I am sure when I look back even years later at this summer, I will have realized so much more that God had taught me. 
Thank you for all reading my blog and being a part of my summer adventures. I wish that each and everyone of you could have been there and shared the beautiful things that God did and shared with me in my adventures. 

Blessings to all!

If you want to donate anything to my donation fund, anything would be helpful and appreciated :-) :
http://web.nazarene.org/site/TR/Events/YouthInMission?pxfid=2370&fr_id=1160&pg=fund

No comments:

Post a Comment